Best Divorce Lawyer White Plains
If you are looking for the Best Divorce Lawyer in White Plains contact Gregory Salant. Going through a divorce can be a rough patch in your life. However amicable the situation, there are emotions involved and they can easily blow things out of proportion. For your case to go smoothly, it is very important that you stay objective and focused.
Here are some rules of thumb to help you achieve this:
- Keeping an open mind: Negotiation plays a vital role in finalizing a divorce agreement. If you keep an open mind and can compromise on some issues, the divorce process will progress much faster. The key is to be reasonably accommodating and not let your emotions cloud your judgment.
- Keeping the doors of communication open: It may seem easier for you to completely cut off communications with your ex, but it may not be the best idea if you want your divorce process to go smoothly. Being on speaking terms with your ex is vital for the settlement to go through without delay, saving you more of your valued time and money.
- Sticking to the truth: When the going gets tough in the divorce process, you may be tempted to exaggerate or make less than truthful accusations against your ex. However, giving in to these emotions might result in bigger problems than you anticipated and may also put your reputation at stake. Choose to stick to the truth and if you do have a factual accusation to make, do so reasonably.
- Not playing the ‘blame game’: No divorce case is the fault of just one spouse. Both parties had a role to play and both are to blame. The court and the judge know this all too well, so it’s a waste of time to try to represent yourself as being completely innocent or try to shift the blame entirely onto your ex.
- Ending the relationship on good terms: Just because the marriage ends does not mean that you become a complete stranger to your ex or that your relationship should be completely cut off. When kids are involved, it is imperative that you maintain an amicable relationship with your ex for the sake of the children. When kids sense that their parents are not getting along, it may have an adverse emotional and psychological impact on them. The best thing both of you can give them right now is love.
- Letting your lawyers do their job: The good thing about having an experienced lawyer is that they are objective. They do not have emotional ties like you and your ex do, and their purpose is to get you the best possible outcome. In order for them to do that, it is necessary for you to be honest and cooperative. Never hide any facts from your lawyers. It may cause you to lose credibility with the judge. It also hampers your lawyer’s ability to represent your case to the fullest. Undisclosed information catches them off guard in courtrooms and they may not be prepared for the repercussions from the new information.
If you need help from the best divorce lawyer in White Plains contact Gregory Salant for a free consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-683-2500.