Adoption Lawyers Westchester County
The birth of a child can be one of the biggest blessings in a person’s life. However, there are other wonderful ways to bring a new person into your family. Each year, adoption allows thousands of people to welcome someone new into their lives. In Westchester county, the process is much more easily handled with the help of an adoption lawyer.
Helping New York Clients Through the Process
Whether a grandparent, stepparent, or foster parent adoption, or if problems arise stemming from a biological parent having changed his or her mind about consenting to the adoption, it is important to work with an experienced adoption lawyer. Gregory Salant has extensive experience with adoptions throughout Westchester County, Rockland County, Putnam County, Dutchess County, and NYC.
Adoption involves a great deal of paperwork to be submitted, and you must follow the steps of the process from application through home study evaluation. Gregory Salant works with clients to help them prepare for the investigations by the Department of Social Services and the FBI. Being prepared can help the process move more smoothly and prevent unnecessary delays, in order to ensure courtroom success.
Adoptions by Same-Sex Couples
In New York, adoptions by same-sex couples are now viable actions. Having years of experience with the adoption process in this state, Gregory Salant is the adoption lawyer you want on your side when adopting a child.
What are the different types of adoptions available?
- Agency adoption: This involves the placement of a child with the adoptive parent by a public or private agency licensed or regulated by the state.
- Independent adoption: This involves a direct arrangement between the birth parent and the adoptive parent. Sometimes an intermediary such as a doctor or a member of the clergy may be involved.
- Identified adoption: A combination of agency adoption and independent adoption, identified adoption is one in which the adopting parent and the birth mother find each other and then ask an adoption agency to take over the rest of the adoption process.
- International adoption: International adoption involves the adoption of a child who is a citizen of a different country.
- Stepparent adoption: In a stepparent adoption, a parent’s new spouse adopts a child the parent had with the previous spouse.
- Relative adoption: Also known as kinship adoption, relative adoption occurs when a child’s relative steps forward to adopt a child. Ideal candidates for this type of adoption are grandparents, aunts and uncles.
We know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget. Contact Gregory Salant today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-683-2500